Table of Contents
PLEASE ALLOW UP TO 48hrs TO PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION AND FOR YOU TO RECEIVE YOUR LOGIN INFO.
Here at ZLC we pride ourselves in our ability to provide realistic air traffic control (ATC) services to pilots using the real world operating procedures.
Of course, we realize the limitations of the network and different level of users, so we attempt to bridge the gap and provide our ATC with an extreme amount of resources to be able to do their job in a timely and accurate manner.
Through your experience with us, you will learn about a system we refer to as In-Scope Reference (ISR) where most of your data that would be normally memorized by the hundreds of controllers in the real world, is only a few keystrokes away for you. This is only one of many resources we provide our ATC.
To get you set up with ZLC and our operating standards, please keep this page bookmarked during your in-processing time to help guide you through the process.
- You have been assigned a ZLC-VATUSA exam, do NOT take that exam until told to do so in this checklist. You have 28 days from the time it was assigned to take it and if you are not ready by that time, email the DATM and request an extension.
- ZLC has a website www.zlcartcc.com that hosts all of our resources in one place. Sign on to that site via the VATSIM SSO system once an account for you has been created.
- Shortly after being accepted to ZLC, you will receive an email that gives you your login credentials for the Resource Center that has been made for you.
- The email will have a subject line of "Your personal access to rc.zlcartcc.com".
- Your Username for the site will always be your VATSIM CID number.
- Discord Voice Application - Setup will be covered in your assigned Computer Based Training orientation.
- It is highly suggested that you Opt-In to "Receive Broadcast Emails" from VATUSA. You may do this by logging into VATUSA.net and selecting the option here: https://www.vatusa.net/my/profile
- If you have any questions or issues, contact the DATM as soon as possible. ZLC-DATM at VATUSA.NET
- Once you have access to the ZLC Resource Center, you have 15 days to complete all of the following prior to requesting to take the ZLC General Knowledge & Directive exam.
- Read all materials (in order) within the Orientation, Resource Center Training, and the Supplemental Training section of the ZLC CBTs on this site https://rc.zlcartcc.com >Training Courses>Computer Based Training. Note: On the 6th day, if you do not feel like you will be able to complete these tasks, email the ZLC DATM and request an extension with the reason for the extension.
- Read the following material on the RC site:
- General Controlling Directives
- Facility Directives (Familiarize)
- Radar Software>Command References (Familiarize)
- Once you have completed ALL steps prior to this step (should be less than 15 days), send an email to ZLC-DATM at VATUSA.NET with the following information:
SUBJECT LINE: Exam Request (Your CID)
BODY OF EMAIL:
I have completed all in-processing checklist items prior to the "Evaluation" checkpoint on the New Member In-Processing page.
I am requesting to be assigned the ZLC General Knowledge & Directive exam appropriate to my rating.
My CID is: (your CID)
My Name is: (your first and last name)
My VATSIM controller rating is: (your rating i.e.- OBS, S1, S2, etc...)
- Once you have been assigned a ZLC-VATUSA exam, you have 7 days from the time it was assigned to take it and if you are not ready by that time. Note: You may have to check your email spam folder for the exam notification.
- If you have not received the exam assignment within 48hrs, contact the ZLC DATM via email and ask for an ETA on it being assigned.
- To take the exam, you must have completed all of the above required reading. Go to VATUSA.net > My VATUSA > Exam Center.
- To pass the exam, your score must be 80% or higher.
- If you fail the exam, you must schedule a training session for "OPS1" as instructed via the Orientation CBTs.
- The training request needs to be made within 7 days of failed attempt.
- The actual training session needs to be within 30 days of the failed attempt.
- If you passed the exam, you must schedule a training session for "OPS2" as instructed via the Orientation CBTs.
- The training request needs to be made within 7 days of passing the exam.
- The actual training session needs to be within 30 days of passing the exam.
- To ensure complete understanding of ZLC procedures and practices, you will need to complete a practical evaluation with an instructor. This evaluation will also be an opportune time to ask questions with real time answers and demonstrations.
- Once the instructor determines that you are up to speed with ZLC procedures and concepts, the instructor will certify you to control all VATSIM Non-Designated Airspace within ZLC ARTCC and you may work through your Designated airspace ratings later at your convenience.
- This marks the completion of the In-Processing stage. You now belong to the ZLC ARTCC Training department until you have earned your controlling privileges. You may always email the ZLC ARTCC DATM with any questions as to what you need to be doing at any given moment.
- New member now must email a request to take the ZLC Directive and General Knowledge exams.
- Time limits to take the exam updated.
- Welcome emails updated to reflect the new changes.
- Added references on how to complete the VATUSA Exam. VATUSA Auto-Send Exam Assigned Email has been changed to direct members to this page rather than the VATUSA Exam Center. Too many were taking the exam prior to reading the required material.
- Added an advisory: *It is highly suggested that you Opt-In to "Receive Broadcast Emails" from VATUSA. You may do this by logging into VATUSA.net and selecting the option here: https://www.vatusa.net/my/profile
- Changed TeamSpeak info to Discord voice application info.
- Changed the CBT reading requirement for Supplemental Training from Optional to Mandatory
- Added a requirement for all students to schedule a session with an instructor after passing or failing the ZLC-Exam.
- Removed need to confirm the new users email address.
- Initial creation of the wiki based checklist vs the old email system